March 13, 2018 3:47 AM, "Konrad Hinsen" <konrad.hin...@fastmail.net> wrote:

> With Emacs, everything is possible :-)
>
> You'd have to do two things in your Emacs configuration:
> - add the notmuch elisp directory from Guix to load-path
> - make sure that your Guix profile is on exec-path
>
> You probably want the latter anyway, so the additional effort looks small.
Yes, it is simpler than I thought.  I will try that after I solve the problems
reported on the other thread.

> On the other hand, packaging Emacs 26 for Guix is a nice exercise and useful
> for lots of other
> people, so I don't want do discourage you from trying!
Unfortunately I am out of time.  And when I do find more time to contribute to
free (libre) software, I intend to first file some bug reports before
contributing code.

Thank you for the help!