> On 11. Mar 2018, at 11:19, Andreas Rosenberg <andreas_rosenb...@web.de> wrote:
> gst-gtk is a standard shared library that can be examined with ldd.
> ldd output shows all dependend shared libs and contains the link to
> libgtk-x11-2.0.so.
> I did not examine the makefile for gst-gtk in detail, but I saw a reference to
> gtk2 include files, so in my understanding the reference to libgtk-x11.20.so
> comes
> from building gst-gtk against gtk v2 devel files.

Good point. Let me try to refresh the memory about it and get back to that.

> I think the gnu-smalltalk package in the Fedora repo is broken anyway. On
> another
> fresh Fedora install, I installed gnu-smalltalk and gtk2-devel and now the C
> callout
> error is gone, but I get this one:
> 0x00007ffff7b1e5db in _gst_dictionary_add () from /lib64/libgst.so.7
> (gdb) bt

This is might be misleading. If you built gst with the generational Garbage
Collector then the SIGSEGV is a "barrier" and to be expected. Paolo came up
with the idea of using "mprotect" to make pages unwritable and then handling
SIGSEGV to know that a write (to an object in the eden) was made.

Your error might be a different. In GDB one can type something like "handle
sigsegv ignore" and the program will continue to run until it hits the real

> "dnf info gnu-smalltalk" reports "version 3.2.5". But I did not find this
> version in git.
> Seems to be a "monday release" :-/

Oh? I have used it many years in production system.
help-smalltalk mailing list