Hi,

I have a requirement to scrap data from an external website from
salesforce.  My solution approach is as follows.

Use selenium web driver to scrap the data by passing the input value to the
external website.
Call the selenium code from a java api.& host it on heroku
>From salesforce, pass the input value to the java api.

So, the overall approach is get the value of the input from salesforce
page, pass it to the java api, which in turn will use the selenium web
driver to pass the input value to the external website (the website takes
the input and there is a submit button. On click of the submit button, it
redirects to the result page from where we have to scrap the details).
 This returns the scraped data to the api and as a response to the
salesforce.

When we deploy the war file to Heroku, we are getting a 404 error. Is it
because the deployed war tries to access an external website from heroku
server as the server may not be able to access the external website as it
does not have an internet connection ?

There are two things, I would like to understand.

1.  Is the above approach, the right one?
2.  If this is right, how to overcome this 404 error.

Many thanks in advance and hope to get the required support from you.

Regards,

Chandrasekar

---
"Heroku Community" group.