Thinking further, a 2.5 board Wedgeblock shelter could be hinged to fold
flat and put on a car or van roof to form a shelter for light adults /
teenagers or cheap storage box..

A 2400 x 1200 x 12mm *panel* will *weigh* approximately 20 *kg, so that
50kg (2.5 sheets) +2 kg for hinges  / screws *

When erected, with thin end of wedge at front, this is reasonably
aerodynamic for short distance driving at lower speeds.

  " Issues to consider are the overall limit of 75kg (including the bars),
make sure the load is evenlydistributed"

 www.advanced-driving.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2500

For 2 bigger size adults, a 3rd roof bar or supporting bracket bolted into
roof may be need. I guess weight limits are aimed for moving cars, so if it
was overloaded while not moving, & weight was evenly spread, it may be ok
(this is not advice) thinner play or osb will save weight 6 or 9mm, but may
bend too much. Going below 12mm on the base may not be advisable