Back in the day, I worked with some folks on the gatr project (ground
antenna something or other) which was an inflated ball as an antenna.
Granted, the rest of the equipment wasn't entirely water-tight, but with
the solar cells, it was designed to be a portable groundnet to satellite
connection, that could float, I believe.  And maybe some power turbines
that would turn due to the current of the water rushing past?

Maybe a houseboat styled hexayurt, on pontoons, and a rubber membrane
bottom?  It would be much dryer in the rain than a tent on a raft, and , if
I remember my rescue rafts properly, isn't there a standard round rubber
inflatable raft that is pretty much the same footprint or a little larger?
I think the 8 or 10 person hexagonal shaped rubber inflatable raft would be
the right footprint.

I hadn't considered a floating hexayurt before.  Wouldn't it just get
washed out to sea or something similar?

Some random thoughts
Percy