Generally, panels painted with brush/roller have proven moopy. In the
temperature swings, the paint has shown a propensity to flake off, making
for a cleanup chore.

Some spray-painted panels - with thinner coats of paint - have proven
slightly more resistant to moop flaking.

I will note two things about the foil-covered panels:
- The article you link talks about re-emission on the back side of
aluminum. However, the polyiso provides quite a bit of insulation to
prevent the re-emission.
- Aluminet seems to be preferable to other shade cloth on the Playa. This
is anecdotal, but Playa Wisdomâ„¢

-jb