From: Carl Steinbach [c...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:40 PM
To: hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org; Namit Jain
Subject: Re: release 0.6

Hi Namit,

HIVE-1364 is required since various people have found the current size
limitations to be too small, especially when using the HBase storage handler
and views. Please review and commit this patch.

HIVE-1427 is also a requirement due to metastore schema changes that were made
in the following tickets: HIVE-675, HIVE-972 and HIVE-1068. This ticket is also
blocked on the changes proposed in HIVE-1364. I will go ahead and post upgrade
scripts that assume the changes in HIVE-1364 are committed. In the meantime
please look at HIVE-1364 and let me know whether or not this patch needs to be
modified.

Thanks.

Carl

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Namit Jain