[Isma'il] After the second Gulf war, the war of Kuwait, Usamah Bin-Ladin was
given a passport by the Saudi Government -- and at the time he was not
permitted to have a passport -- with an exit-only visa. The following day,
he left for the Pakistani city of Peshawar. At the time, his movement and
activity was engulfed with some secrecy in fear of being exposed to
assassination, especially since Shaykh 'Abdallah 'Azzam was assassinated in
Peshawar with his two sons Muhammad and Ibrahim two years earlier.
[Bin-Ladin] We were in deep grief during the dispute between these factions
and the parties of the Mujahidin. But God Almighty was gracious to the Arab
nations by giving it the Taleban Movement, which came to rescue this Jihad
from the US scheme which supported Najib [Najibullah] and was pressuring the
Mujahidin, through Pakistan, to form a secular government. Fifty percent of
its members would be former communists and some of those who had studied in
the west, and the rest would be from the seven Afghan parties.
Praise be to God, we were blessed with the coming of this movement. It came
at a time when things came to a head and people got sick and tired of
bandits of which there were becoming more and more, unfortunately. The
Americans and their allies managed to divide Afghanistan to five small
states. You, in Pakistan, no doubt are watching this. There was a state in
the east, which is called (Hawzat Sharq), Jalalabad. They are (Ningirhar)
(Lughman) and (Kunar). There was a state and a president of a state. Their
leader was Haji Qadir. In the west there was another state, there was a
state and a president of a state led by Haji Qadir. In the West there was
another state, (Hawzat Gharb). Muhammad Isma'il Khan and he ruled over three
to four provinces between (Hirat), (Farah), and Numrouz) and that too was a
virtually independent government from Afghanistan. In the north there was
the state that was supported by the communists in the past and it was led by
Dostum. He had provinces there. In the north and the center there was a
government ruled by Ahmad Shah Mas'ud and Najib and Sayyaf.
What is shocking is that every time Muslims are deceived. How can we believe
that a government can be established in Kabul and in one neighborhood we
have, Najib the communist who killed more than 70,000 Muslims, and right
next to him there is Ahmad Shah Mas'ud? How can we believe that they had a
joint government in the full sense of the word and that the former communist
president Najib signs the state budget? Then we are told: We are not
Communists and we do not support the communists. In reality, it was a joint
government being supported by foreign parties and Najib was part of it.
The southern part was a state for the Taleban. It consists of the provinces
of Qandahar, Zabol, and (Hilmend). So there were five governments in this
small state, not to mention the bandits who were considered small states
with the states.