From: Ken Birdwell
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Sent: 1/23/02 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: [hlcoders] Models and sequences

Leon is mostly correct, though the engine IS limited to only supporting
4,294,967,296 sequences. :P

In any case, the whole business of needing the sequence to line up is
ONLY
if you're displaying a different model on the client than the one the
server
is using.  Since HL and TFC allow clients to replace models locally,
it's
important to mention that for authoring purposes the sequences are
referenced on the client by index number, not animation name (which is
only
looked at on the server).

If you're always using the SAME model on both the client and server for
any
given player, then they automatically line up (since they're the same,
duh)
and you can ignore the "all models must have the same animations, etc.
etc."
issue, cause, well, they're the same on both.