> Rumors are rumors, but the only decent one I
> heard is that ATI leaked it.  But that's just
> a rumor.

No offense to anyone, but that's a pretty rediculous sounding rumor.  Why exactly
would Valve give ATI a copy of their HL1, CS, TF2, and HL2 source code?  What, are
they contracting ATI to proofread their code comments?

I think the ATI rumor was started by people who think that iD sharing the Doom3 alpha
with ATI is somehow equivalent to Valve sharing all their source code with ATI.  Not
likely.

> The whole thing is very upsetting, everything
> is in that code from the monsters AI to the
> source to Steam Tracker...

I agree, this is very sad.  If I were at Valve I'd be pretty demoralized right now.
They were riding such a nice wave after E3... then the Steam Final issues, and the
release date issue, and now this.  :(  Hopefully they'll be able to pull through it
without major problems.  Still, I feel bad for them, I was there was something I could
do about it.