[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

try stripper a program for metamod i use it to delete and add entities you can find it at metamod.org

-----Original Message-----
From:   "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on behalf of    "mike" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
Sent:   Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:14:09 -0500
To:     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:        Re: [hlcoders] Removing an entity for real

Charlie Cleveland wrote:

Is there any way to remove an entity for real, such that it doesn't even get called in
AddToFullPack?  Try as I might, I'm still seeing my "deleted" entities going through
AddToFullPack.  I must be working too hard or something, because I I can't stop my custom
entities (based off CBaseEntity) from being processed by the engine.

I've tried UTIL_Remove, tried MakeDormant(), tried manually setting FL_KILLME and/or FL_DORMANT, and also the mysterious REMOVE_ENTITY, but nothing seems to work. Maybe the engine is deleting my C++ classes, but recycling the pevs at it's own discretion?

I've got to be doing something stupid here...

-Charlie
--
Charlie Cleveland
Game programmer and designer

i don't think the engine can delete your C++ classes, :).

i think Charlie means not sending the client the entity, not adding it
to the AddToFullPack. if my memory servers me correctly, there is a
method in there that checks in the entity is in the PVS and if it isn't
it doesn't get sent to the player. Charlie, do you want to prevent the
entity from being sent to the client?