Thanks for the information, I'm just drawing a border and a dark background
for now to cover it up as I don't have the time to look at fixing it

Any idea why its not supported though? it seems like you'd have to clear the
buffer there one way or another on purpose before rendering, But then again
I've not worked with anything as high level as this so the reason seems to
illude me