-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of British_Bomber
Sent: 21 February 2005 09:51
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] Player Rendering effects

I am currently trying to implement a way of making a specific class in my
mod become more and more translucent the less they move, and if they stop
completely for a period of time they become completely invisible.

I have the majority of this working, it's simple enough, but I am having an
issue with creating a translucent player. The final effect which is a
complete no draw is in, and so is the starting point, solid.  It's the
middle, transitional period I have had the problems with.  If  you have seen
the E3 demo where the translucent character is standing in the flame you
will get an idea of what I am trying to acheive.  Unfortunatly I havent been
able to figure out exactly how to get them to appear like that.  I have
tried changing the player's keyvalue renderamt, and also the players
rendermode.  Is this the right way to go about it or do I have to change the
player's material dynamically somehow?

I know it's probably some simple soloution that I missed at 3am, but it's
just eluding me.