Gentlemen,

I’m new to the source engine, but a friend and I have some ideas laid out
and we’re working on it.  Part of that is changing how the AI works.  I’ve
been to HYPERLINK
"http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page"http://developer.valvesof
tware.com/wiki/Main_Page and read a fair amount of that including HYPERLINK
"http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/AI_Programming"http://developer.val
vesoftware.com/wiki/AI_Programming.

I’m wondering if there is more information on modifying/creating the AI?
For instance, how do I spawn a NPC at the start of the map?  Our idea
requires squad mates and those squad mates will change in numbers as you
progress through the maps.  I’d rather not have static NPCs on each map, but
be able to spawn an NPC based upon how things went last map, for instance.
I didn’t see much on the answer to this…

Any help you can offer and especially any example code or the like you could
link me to (I haven’t seen much on websites that pertains specifically to
AI) would be really helpful.

Thanks much,

Matt