The access vilo normaly means you got a bug in the
code, and normaly means you have a memory leek!

Try and run the MyMod through the desktop shortcut/my
games and see if it still crashes

And of course hl2.exe wont have any debug symbols, its
the dll you want to have them.

Adam

--- "Dan Stevens (IAmAI)"

(http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:Programming).

Code<http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Installing_and_Debugging_the_Source_Code>tutorial.
> I created a mod and saved into a my documents
> directory
> (E:\Documents\Programs\MyMod), installed Visual
> Studio 2003 .NET (not a new
> piece of software to me) and rebuilt the solution
> with the no problems - I
> checked in the SourceMods directory and a directory
> for MyMod was created
> along with the client.dll and server.dll files.
>
> I then attempted to set up the debugging parameters.
> As specified in the
> tutorial, I set the following parameters for
> debugging, as suited for my
> system setup:
>
> Command: D:\Program
> Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\iamai\half-life
> 2\hl2.exe
> Command Arguments: -dev -sw -game
> E:\Documents\Programs\MyMod
> Working Directory: D:\Program
> Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\iamai\half-life 2
>
> Afterwhich, I tried starting a debugging instance
> and I get the same
> unhandled expection error message from Visual
> Studio:
>
> Unhandled exception at 0x0d0ee66f in hl2.exe:
> 0xC0000005: Access violation
> reading location 0x00000000.
>
> I don't know if that means anything to anyone. Note
> that I followed the
> advice regarding running Half-Life 2 before running
> the debugger if the SDK
> have been updated (don't think it had, but I did
> anyway) and it also Visual
> Studio says 'hl2.exe' does not contain any debugging
> information (no symbols
> loaded).
>
> Assuming it possible to get this working at this
> stage before actually
> changing any content of the mod, I would like to get
> this working before I
> move on too far - I would like to build any mods
> that I may make following
> tutorials.
>
> Please help and thanks in advance!

--------

My Website http://www.ammahls.com
   Lead Programer NightFall http://www.nightfallmod.net/
      Developer of CST and ZHLT 3.0 http://www.zhlt.tk

This email has been sent from Adam McKern, and is not one of the many spam bots
that use my email address.

If you receive an email that has not got this signature line, please delate the
email, and not respond in any way to it.