That's exactly why. It'd be a *huge* security hole if they opened the
source, while the game is still in major use. And they don't need to
open the source, that's what we have the SDK for ;)

fjulll wrote:

I think they wouldnt do that because the Half-Life engine is still in use,
mainly in CS 1.6 which is the one of the most played games in the world.
Quake was almost not played anymore when they released the soure code.
I could be wrong of course.