From: Jorge Rodriguez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: April 8, 2006 3:35 AM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Why VectorNormalize?

WOW!

Finally, somebody who understands me! A thoughtful, intelligent,
relevant and useful response! I never thought one of those would appear
from this thread.

This is all good to know. I believed it's possible to add a Normalize()
when Tony said it, but was too upset with all the cruft to say so. I'll
be sure to put this information to good use.

Still, none of this answers the original question about why the method
was removed in the first place, but I suppose that's all academic now.
It was probably removed by a misinformed Valve employee years ago who
doesn't remember doing it. Either way, adding it back is no big problem.

Thanks, Tony and Ryan.

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez

http://www.eset.com