Ouch ok, lots of confusiong.

On 5/11/07, edman747 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is possible that someone has already worked through the HL SDK
> v2.3making it ANSI-C compliant? What I would give for a download link.
> Maybe if I start with SDK v2.2 and apply botmans ansi-c SDK_2_2_patches.
> Wonder is there a patch to go from HL SDK v2.2 to HL SDK v2.3

I'm not sure if there is such a patch, but the changes should be trivial and
are documented in my TWL article. It would take you all of half an hour to
find all these problems if you are a proficient programmer. If not, you
might want to try getting those SDK 2.3 links I showed you, on the Metamod
site (as they are ANSI-compliant) and doing a patch against the Valve
distribution of the SDK and see what you get.

Am unable to install hlds on RH 7.3
> ./steam -command update -game valve -dir .
> complains about not having glibc2.3 or above.

I never actually ran my build  on the 7.3 box, I transferred the finished
.so to a newer, more recent Linux distro and ran it from there. I only used
7.3 to build it, not to run it. I don't know how feasible this is for you.
You technically do not need hlds installed to build the binary. This way you
do not need to worry about installing glibc 2.2 and 2.3 at the same time.

RH 7.3 does not come with gcc 2.95 but rather comes with gcc 2.96, which is
not a real distribution of 2.95 but instead is a hacked up version that RH
made that was never released by GNU. However it does just fine for our
purposes and can be used for building HL1 mods just fine.

Those errors you get mean that you have a non ansi-compliant version of the
source code. I documented how to fix it in my TWL article, just do a search
for "static_cast" and you'll see what you have to do.

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez