Hey Ratman--

I didn't have that problem. My console commands worked just fine like this
with no change involving the macro:

CON_COMMAND(my_version, "Logs/prints plugin version.")
{
    engine->LogPrint(MY_PLUGIN_VERSION "\n");
    Msg(MY_PLUGIN_VERSION "\n");
}

If you leave yours as they were for earlier Source, what error are you
getting? Did you overlook updating your convar.h?

-Mattie