Hey guys, I'm trying to replace the weapon selection icon in my HL2
Singleplayer mod and I've hit a wall. The problem is that instead of showing
my custom icon, it shows whichever character is assigned to it (the letter
"a" for example). Here's  my workflow so far.

-Create New Font and import and assign my weapon icon image to the letter
"a"

-Save Font as "CustomFont" into the "resource" folder of my mod

-From that same folder open "ClientScheme.res" and copy this code:

}
WeaponIcons
        {
            "1"
            {
                "name"        "HalfLife2"
                "tall"        "64"
                "weight"    "0"
                "antialias" "1"
                "additive"    "1"
                "custom"    "1"
            }
        }

 -Paste the copied code right below it and change it to:

       CustomFont
        {
            "1"
            {
                "name"        "CustomFont"
                "tall"        "64"
                "weight"    "0"
                "antialias" "1"
                "additive"    "1"
                "custom"    "1"
            }
        }

-Save and close "ClientScheme.res" , go up one folder, and open the
"scripts" folder

-Open "weapon_crowbar.txt" and change this code:

// Weapon Sprite data is loaded by the Client DLL.
    TextureData
    {
        "weapon"
        {
                "font"        "WeaponIcons"
                "character"    "c"
        }
        "weapon_s"
        {
                "font"        "WeaponIconsSelected"
                "character"    "c"
        }
        "ammo"
        {
                "font"        "WeaponIcons"
                "character"    "c"

to this:

// Weapon Sprite data is loaded by the Client DLL.
    TextureData
    {
        "weapon"
        {
                "font"        "CustomFont"
                "character"    "a"
        }
        "weapon_s"
        {
                "font"        "CustomFont"
                "character"    "a"
        }
        "ammo"
        {
                "font"        "CustomFont"
                "character"    "a"

-Save and close and run mod

When I run my mod and pick up my new weapon instead of displaying the image
that I saved into my CustomFont it shows the actual letter "a". Does anyone
know what's going on with this or what I am doing wrong? I looked for
tutorials and information on this subject and didn't really find anything
too helpful. Thanks for the time and help guys.

Ben