I had trouble getting it to work when I was first adding it to GMod. I
don't remember exactly how I got it working but I think it was
something to do with something that was #ifdef'd out (probably an
#ifdef EPISODIC).

I remember it did take me a while to work it out - if you can't find
it let me know and I'll do a diff on the offending files.

garry