I remember quite some time ago I was invited to a discussion on doing this
(on a forum somewhere, can't remember where :( but Valve was involved). The
questions were along the lines of "What would you like Steam to do for
mods?" and someone from Valve said they were planning on a system to allow
mods to release through Steam, so I guess Steamworks is a continuation of
that idea.

There was also talk of possibly allowing mods to charge people to download,
wonder if that will ever come to fruition. It wasn't really a popular idea
at the time but yeah, would certainly make things interesting. :p

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Adam amckern McKern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> They where going to do SvenCoop back in the day, but never did, so i spose
> it will never happen, unless the mod goes retail.
>
> --------
> Owner Nigredo Studios http://www.nigredostudios.com

Programmer for Resistance and Liberation
www.resistanceandliberation.com
Programmer for Red Tribe
www.redtribe.com