Still haven't been able to freeze animations, is it even possible?
here's some code I think should have worked:
In basecombatweapon.cpp:
void CBaseCombatWeapon::Operator_FrameUpdate( CBaseCombatCharacter
*pOperator )
{
    // Update and dispatch the viewmodel events
    CBasePlayer *pOwner = ToBasePlayer( GetOwner() );

    if ( pOperator->GetFlags() & FL_FROZEN || pOwner->GetFlags() &
FL_FROZEN )
    {
        ClientPrint( pOwner, HUD_PRINTCENTER, "wooooooof" );
        m_flPlaybackRate = 0.0f;
        return;
    }

    // animating weapon code and other code follows here, if not
animating at least events seem to be launched from here

In c_baseplayer.cpp

void C_BasePlayer::PostThink( void )
{
#if !defined( NO_ENTITY_PREDICTION )