If you're talking about USB thumbdrive, don't rely on them for backups.
  I've had 4 die on me in the last 5 years.  This may be due to carrying
the thumbdrive around with me everywhere and/or leaving it in a hot car
during the day.  If you leave it sitting beside your desk all the time
and don't put it through physical punishment, you may have better lifespan.

On 8/20/2009 9:23 AM, Luke Smith wrote:
>    Ive recently started working started using n 8gb memory stick for all my
> code. Its working fine for me and I have plenty of space left though I dont
> know if these can still crash and cause problems?

Jeffrey "botman" Broome