after a few million reads and rights a memory sick, as well as all flash based
storage, dies and becomes unusable.

 Gabriel Smith

________________________________
From: ZuM <eduardo...@gmail.com>
To: Discussion of Half-Life Programming <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:31:08 AM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] My harddrive died overnight. No warning. I lost tons of
data.

To be honest, as far as i know using a memory stick to keep your data is not
the best of ideas. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but the chances of a
memory stick failing and crashing is bigger than that of a hard-drive, as
after a certain number of writes and reads from it. Not completely sure
about this.