How do you know the last IP - this would cause more overhead as your going to
need to store the IP/Port in an array

Sincerely
Adam McKern
KAP Candidate for Mitchel (Castle Hill)

>________________________________

multiple players try to reconnect to our mod's servers at the same time... And
the solution, for about a decade, was to delay their reconnection, simply by
having the server send the client a disconnect, some waits, and a retry
command.
Worked just fine...

>>But now that Steam Pipe is here, the retry command
is illegal to send to clients. I thought of exec'ing a special cfg file on
patched clients instead, but exec is also illegal command. (Which seems silly,
given that the server can send any number of commands to make your game
unplayable. Hell, with client.dll commands, we could delete your Windows system
folder, re-write your registry, or crash your system any number of ways, if we
wanted to... But gods forbid we send a "retry" command.)

>>So I'm wondering how we could go about adding a
command to do a disconnect followed by a delayed reconnect. Hopefully something
as simple as having the client send commands to his own console - and hopefully
not something so hacky as grabbing the process ID and sending keyboard commands
to it.

>>Thanks in advance for any advice you can
provide,