Oops- I seem to have nested that wrong, lol- ok, ill try again on a fresh
thread, sorry.

Best Bots for online TFC server??
Ive played one i found on the net many months ago- the bots were obviously
in need of improvement, but it was a good change for a nights play.

Now we are getting more refined variations in AI and use, I was wondering
what ones are working for people experimenting adding them to TFC servers.
Ive not really studied the bot areas since the early ones were a bit of a
pain and needed tweaking/improving.

Ideally, they should be preconfigured- i have console access but am not
located with the hardware- our big cheese server admin will have to install
them, and hes incharge of the whole HL rack (and a few other game types, and
is prolly reading this, hi m8 :) ) and has limited time for specific special
setups for one mod or another.  Once its on its back over to me for setup
info- so preferably it should be an instal-and-forget type bot.

In the launch we have planned soon (20 TFCs estimated, basicly taking up
where Wireplay left off) Id like to include one as a bot server (variation
is needed to keep the game fresh).

A few questions tho.  Can mapcycles(or something) be configured to have bots
on some maps, and not others, or different numbers of bots on different
maps?

Can bots be set up so they kick in (UT style) when the player numbers drop
below level X (10 plrs say).  ie- if all human plyrs leave then thatll leave
10 bots on server- if theres 5 players, 5 bots would have dropped out - if
theres 15 players, none will be bots.

Finally, are any set up to mimic human behaviour by outputting random lines
of txt as speech into global chat? I doubt it, but i can ask- if not ill
email the idea to whoever you guys recommend is making the best one atm.

So what would you recommend to a bot n00b? Are there any worthy of public
net servers? Forget them for another 6 months perhaps?

Thanks a lot guys

Ad
[Mad Ad]