This behavior is by design, commands are tokenized on the ';' character
as well as newlines. I believe this code actually came from the Quake 1
engine (it hasn't changed between HL1 and Source). This isn't a bug and
I wouldn't want to change it at this point as we have millions of
scripts written for our engines and we wouldn't want to break them for a
semantic change.

- Alfred