From: "Dustin Tuft" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 3:46 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] Server Clan to Inform Valve of their Mistake

Well then Valve has all ready won, and we all just keep our moths shut and
take it.

Dustin Tuft

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com> Subject: Re:
[hlds] Server Clan to Inform Valve of their Mistake> Date: Fri, 17 Nov
2006 20:31:09 +0000> > --> [ Picked text/plain from
multipart/alternative ]> Problem with this is idea is:> CS:S Players:
62,396 and there is 36,096 servers (taken from> steampowered.com @ 20.29
GMT)> > - Who wants to contact over 36000+ server admins, to shut there
server down,> with risk of user loss, decreasted advertisment and more, to
prove a point?> > Dan> > > On 17/11/06, Dustin Tuft
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >> > --> > [ Picked text/plain from
multipart/alternative ]> > It's funny that your not willing to look down
the road, what do you think> > is going to happen next? So the mods
programmers found a work around, Valve> > makes a new update to the
servers, and around we dance, next comes the> > blatant var hacks, your
server is no longer the protected place to play and> > you can not do
anything to stop it. So in the end you will have an empty> > server. I
have never ran a server for profit so it is easy for me to shut> > down,
but come on wouldn't it be better to have a short period of server> >
outage and roll the dice that Valve might decide they need us admins and
the> > GSP's? Don't you think that there forums will fill with upset end
users> > wanting to know why their public server is gone?> >> > Tyranny in
any form is not an option. Valve chose to allow the public to> > be the
host for their games, and as such they need to start hearing what the> >
server admins are dealing with and start working to satisfy the demands
of> > the server admins or sooner or later there will be no public
servers.> >> > Dustin Tuft> >> >> >> > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
hlds@list.valvesoftware.com> Subject:> > Re: [hlds] Server Clan to Inform
Valve of their Mistake> Date: Fri, 17 Nov> > 2006 12:22:24 -0500> > You
guys are willing to empty your servers & risk> > paying for an empty
server> to hurt Valve?> GOOD PLAN!!> > As for the> > "illegal alias", that
has nothing to do with a name. Re-read the> posts in> > the forums.> -----
Original Message -----> From: "Biscuits" <> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>> Sent:> > Friday, November 17, 2006
12:05 PM> Subject: Re: [hlds] Server Clan to> > Inform Valve of their
Mistake> > > > --> > [ Picked text/plain from> > multipart/alternative ]>
 > Yeh that'd work...> >> > The update will hurt> > players numbers as the
kick message is not clear on> > what is going on.> >>> > > Already the
forums posts are here, "illegal alias" i have used this name>> > > for> >
years i changed my name and i still cant join...> >> > You really> > think
using a server tag and hosting after the update sends a> > clear> >
message, your still hosting servers.> >> >> >> > On 11/18/06, Chad <> >
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >>> >> I got it, to send a clear message to>
 > valve, who, I assume plays their> >> games from time to to time, we need
to> > create a server clan tag for> >> servers who oppose the update, Then
put it> > in front of all the servers> >> names that belong to people that
agree that> > the valve update sucks.> >> Valve then could see that all
the high> > performance servers are against> >> the update. Along with
that, all servers> > with the tag should kick people> >> with the new cvar
set to 1 or 2 and> > people would send valve a torrent of> >> help emails
because they can't play> > on any servers.> >> Now any ideas for what the
tag should be?> >> Anyone> > else like this idea?> >>> >> also, wont this
update hurt valve, isn't it> > their problem if their> >> customers cant
play because Valve set a cvar to> > the wrong value. Now, I> >> wonder how
many people are going to ask "How do> > I play on servers" and> >> "How do
I enable console"> >>> >>> >>> >