-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard Eid
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:30 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: [hlds] The new tagging system

Well, it's here in a way that seems to have been suggested on the list.  Is
everyone satisfied with how the new system is set up?  Personally, I feel
the Custom tab was a great idea but because it was universally hated amongst
server operators, it didn't work.  This new tagging system has the same
chance of failure if everyone doesn't conform to the guidelines...which are
simple:

1.  Tag your server.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone who's running a Vanilla server
start using the tag 'Vanilla'.  I fired up TF2 as soon as I had a chance and
noticed how much more difficult it is to find a Vanilla server than it was
before.  Now that all the servers are back in one tab, it's literally like
finding a needle in a haystack if you're looking for a Vanilla server.

Also, please tag your server if you have Insta/Short respawn times,
increased max players, alltalk, low gravity, all crits, no crits,
birthday/party mode, etc.  You no longer have to add all of this info to the
title of your servers.

I'm coming to all of you as a player, not a server operator.  This is what
everyone here wanted, so now let's see it in action.  I hope this shapes up
quickly because it's draining the fun out of the game hopping from server to
server once I realize that "Random Pub" is insta-spawn and the next 15 I go
to are, as well.  I'm not trying to knock anyone's preferences, I'm just
telling you what I prefer and how difficult it is to find that...and I'm not
alone.

A thread has already popped up on the forums regarding this issue.  It's
being requested by your communities and customers now, so I hope that's
enough motivation to make this thing work.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716255

Thanks for taking the time to read this!  Everyone ready to kill some
Heavies this weekend?!

-Richard Eid