Lately I had problems with people not being able to use unlockables on the
servers I control. VAC works fine, and TF2 strangely doesn't tell the player
about the server not being connected to Steam (like what usually happens
during Steam downtimes) in the unlockables screen, so it looks like it's
working for players in the loadout screen... until they actually try to
switch to their unlockables.

There's no "steam ticket" problems which usually otherwise happens when the
servers are unable to talk with Steam. Restarting fixes the problem
temporarily, but it crops up 12-24 hours later again. Any ideas?