It's not a config or plugin issue, the Windows release is just broken.
I've done a reinstall and verify_all update to confirm this. Not only
that, but it's been broken for hours without any sort of indication of
why this has happened or when we can expect it fixed.

This is far from the first time this exact same problem has happened,
too. Does anyone at Valve even bother to run these updates on a spare
PC and check they start properly before releasing?

--
david.kella...@member.fsf.org
davejk.net / knifeback.co.uk