Throw up a plugin that logs all client commands and watch what commands
people run.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Sean
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:55 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] L4D Round Ending Exploit

Hi All,

Last night I was playing some L4D on my rented server.  My team played
survivors second and everything was going as normal until we were 90% of
the way through the level and the round ended. We received a score as if
we'd made it to the saferoom while we were still running through the
level. We thought that was a little odd but kept playing.  Next time we
played survivors the round ended about 20% into the map. We thought
something might be up with the server so we started a new lobby and
rebooted the server.  Two of the guys who'd been on the server
(obviously friends) joined the new lobby. When we started playing again
we had more of the same trouble only this time we barely got out of the
saferoom before the round ended. At this point it was getting pretty
apparent there was some exploiting going on so I kicked and banned the
two guys who'd played with us both times and lo-and-behold the problems
stopped.

I've done some internet searching today and found that this is a known
exploit that has to do with changing some cvars and it has affected TF2
in the past as well.  What I haven't found is a fix to prevent this from
happening.  Does anyone know of an available fix?

Thanks in advance!
Sean (Stryfe)