I know this more a forums issue but, so much noise on there its
not worth the bother.

Wondered if the guys at Valve where aware that steam more often
than not isn't attempting to decrypt preloads. Instead it just
tries to run the encrypted exe after unlock, which not surprisingly
doesn't work. You just get a black dos box which disappears after
a second.

The fix is to delete clientregistry.blob but this should really
be fixed as its happened to me now four times, once on each of
my machines for both Borderlands and L4D2 demo and to three other
people in the office,who joined to by the four pack for these
games.

    Regards
    Steve

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.