Amen to that.

I am still at a loss as to why people need to jump on off topic posts and
flame them down.  If you don't like lots of emails don't join mailing lists.
 If you are only here for announcements then filtering for emails with
*update coming* and/or emails from Valve employees or join the hlds-announce
list.  That leave two groups of other people, people here for help and to
learn, and to try and help if they can; and the bitter old trolls who is
probably here for the announcements but cannot handle people *god forbid*
discussing other matters that game operators may face in place that is
convenient and knowledgeable.

msleeper I like some of your work [I am a user of the L4D2 Sourcemod plugin
based off your code], but you really do present yourself as being
condescending and it does detract from that.  Clearly you run in a community
and in the time it took to write your response you could have instead said
something such as "We use <x> because <y>" and helped instead of hindering.

Don't take that as a personal attack, it applies to quite a few members of
this list.  Either ignore the threads or help them, stop spamming them with
crap then complaining the list is full of spam.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Michael R. Matheson <d...@ourhumbleabode.com