I didn't have to register but whatever: Copy/Paste for you, I haven't read
it.

Some of you may have had the error "*Error Verifying STEAM Ticket*" when
trying to join a CS: Source or TF2 server. Others are getting"*Client Timed
Out: Disconnected*"If you have, you know how frustrating it can be.

The problem you're having is not related to the game server or your
software. This is a STEAM client issue related to a STEAM server
connectivity problem. More than likely the main STEAM server you connected
to when your STEAM client first logged on has gone down, is updating or is
extremely busy. This often occurs when STEAM Releases Game updates.
Basically the game server is saying that it can't confirm you're a
legitimate CS: Source licensee because it can't talk to the STEAM
authentication server consistently.

There are two things you can do that will likely to fix it.

OPTION 1: The first is try logging off and then back into STEAM (this is not
the same as restarting STEAM)

To logout and back in to STEAM, do the following:

1. Make sure you remember you're password. (Your username should be saved in
the login screen after you logoff)
2. Right-click on the STEAM icon on the lower right corner of your screen
and select "Games"
3. Select "File"
4. Select "Change user"
5. A message will come up saying this will log you out of STEAM.
6. Click "Ok"
7. Re-enter your username and password.
8. Log in.

This will disconnect you from the STEAM Authentication server that won't
validate your STEAM tickets and then log you into a new validation server.
It usually works the first time, but if not, log out and back in using the
above process and see if it will let you back in. Often times just waiting a
few minutes will allow the STEAM authentication server to catch up and it
will start working again without you doing anything at all.

If this doesn't work, the next way will.

OPTION 2: Delete and automatically re-create the "ClientRegistry.blob"

To delete and automatically re-create the ClientRegistry.blob file, do the
following

1. Close STEAM down.
2. Navigate to the following folder:
 - On Windows XP: c:\program files\steam
 - On Windows Vista and Windows 7: c:\program files(x86)\steam
3. Delete the "ClientRegistry.blob" file from the above folder and close the
explorer
4. Restart STEAM. This will cause STEAM to check for an update and
automatically create a new "ClientRegistry.blob" file.
5. Go play your game.

Good luck!
Mav