This is why some people just make their own admin tools.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of ics
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:45 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Mani site down / DNS problem

If we really go back to 2003 (or let's say 2004 when cs source and
mani-admin came out), there was no other options back then than
Mani-admin and BeetlesMod. Not for like over a year. There was metamod
and some talks about rewriting it completely which i think happened
later on and thus Sourcemod is here now.

Mani-admin was a good plugin, very user friendly (not so install
friendly but everyone got it running who really wanted it), had multiple
things to make game fun. Votes, punishments, weapon restrictions, you
know what else. Maybe it's "shit" in some people eyes but it was there
when there was nothing else and still is a fairly good plugin. Elitists
seem to diss it the most. Really, it was free, you don't have to use it
if you dislike it.. Have some respect for the work of others?

Also remember it was made by just one guy. Sourcemod has now like 50
people behind it who make smx plugins into it so naturally it develops
more and things get fixed quickly.

If really Sourcemod is these days the one and only and all server owners
should move into it, maybe Sourcemod lacks something that Mani-admin
has.No, not the exploits. 1.2T fixed those afaik. If there is one, it
doesn't work with sv_cheats 0.

-ics