Hi,
I've found a (partial?) workaround: clean your banned_user.cfg file and
switch to SQL bans or something like that.
Ghost players are added when a banned player tries to join the server.
You can easily verify my claim: ban yourself by steamid from rcon, then try
to join the server and you will see a nice new ghost player.
Regards,
Claudio