Hm,

dosnt seem to work very well, my L4D2 servers are located in Germany and right
now I have 8 players on from Japan, China, Taiwan, Malaysia etc.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Zoid Kirsch
  Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:19 PM
  Subject: [hlds] Master Server Move

  On Wednesday April 14th we will be moving the HL2Master servers to a new set
of IP addresses.  One of the major new features is the new Masters should
return dedicated servers ordered by their geographical distance from the player
requesting the server list, making for lower latency and better connections.

  Dedicated server operators will generally have to restart their dedicated
servers after this move to ensure they will correctly pick up the new addresses
of the these Masters.  The server browser in the Steam client and in games such
as Team Fortress 2 will automatically move to the new Masters.

  Server operators that manually set their master servers (we recommend against
this practice however) please use "hl2master.steampowered.com" to refer to them
instead of the IPs directly. This name returns all Master addresses.

  We will update once the move is complete.

  --
  /// Zoid.