Will the steampipe beta now be updated alongside the release at the same time?

-Andrew

On Apr 24, 2013, at 2:03 PM, "Fletcher Dunn"
<fletch...@valvesoftware.com<mailto:fletch...@valvesoftware.com>> wrote:

We’ve released a mandatory update to the SteamPipe beta.  Please note that your
server will NOT automatically detect that it is out of date and restart; you
will need to manually update it.  (This should be the last such manual restart.)

We’ve also released an optional update to the non-SteamPipe version of TF2.  If
you restart your server you may get an update to engine.dll/.so, but there are
no relevant changes to the dedicated server so updating is not necessary.

These changes make the SteamPipe server and client interoperable with the
non-SteamPipe server and client.  (Any client can connect with any server.)  We
expect many more clients to opt into the beta after this change.  (And
remember, we are planning on flipping the switch next Tuesday which forces all
clients to convert.)

- Fletch