I think this is already a known issue, but as a reminder...

I am seeing my newly installed SteamPipe TF2 servers fail on first startup. Subsequent startups operate normally.

I suspect this is because steam_appid.txt is not created until after the first startup.

I had also noticed this after previous SteamPipe conversions of css, hl2dm, etc, but it appears to still not be fixed.

Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle_default.txt'. ('cfg/mapcycle.txt' was not found.)
Set motd from file 'cfg/motd_default.txt'.  ('cfg/motd.txt' was not found.)
Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd_text.txt' was not found.)
Cannot verify load for invalid steam ID [I:0:0]
WARNING: ClientActive, but we don't know his SteamID?
Initializing Steam libraries for secure Internet server
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
*       Unable to load Steam support library.*
*       Unable to load Steam support library.*
*       This server will operate in LAN mode only.*
*       This server will operate in LAN mode only.*

# Jesse Molina
# Mail = je...@opendreams.net
# Cell = 1-602-323-7608