Today, we're seeing a ton of banned, griefing players using VPNs and
throw-away Steam accounts to bypass server bans. The problem already seems
to be pretty widespread in CS:S. Considering this is the first weekend
where the beta was opened up, it's only going to get worse. I'm sure this
isn't isolated to CS:S, or my servers. There are many others running
community servers, some probably not even using Source that are impacted by
this. The native Steam Exploit seems to be getting abused quite heavily.

The theoretical is now the present,
Kyle.