Running purely on donations used to be a good choice when Valve didn't
disable attachable items for server owners. Most of the people here
supporting more restrictions aren't even talking about TF2, they are
talking about CSS.

In CSS, there is no quickplay problem and many communities sell items that
aren't possible in TF2. The most popular CSS servers are zombiemod, and
they all make most of their money selling pay-to-win perks.

I'm not asking Valve to stop reloading ads every second in the background,
but repeatedly removing features instead of fixing it properly is a
horrible decision.

As modders/server owners it feels like Valve doesn't care about us, as
though we do not contribute to the popularity of the game, or as though we
are not players ourselves and keenly aware of what is players like and what
tradeoffs they would prefer.

How many of you here bought TF2 thinking Valve was going to remove all
these features and make it 100x harder for people to find non-stock maps
and settings like nocrit and faster respawn? When TF2 was released, there
was an implicit understanding that server owners would have a similar level
of autonomy as in CSS/GMOD/HL2. This understanding is gone now which is why
CS:GO has such a mediocre player base.