So in the last two months I've been working on "community quick-play".
It's a (hopefully) better version of the current server browser, where
you can join any populated TF2 game-server with some sense of overview.
If you want to check it out, it's available at
https://teamwork.tf/community/quickplay

Combined with the new website, I (and Redsun) have worked on making an
open-source project called "Project Beacon". It's basically a plugin
that allows any website to identify a TF2 gameserver as a larger
community of gameservers. You have the ability to sign so called
"beacons" which anyone can verify and use for their own website/project.
This is also what the teamwork.tf website uses to link community server
providers with actual game servers (this way you can prevent there are
fake community servers and get extra server context). More information
is available at https://github.com/teamworktf/teamwork_server_beacon

At last, there are also some wicked statistics available on the
teamwork.tf website about players on Casual/Community servers and what
gamemode they are playing. Even a cool map on which you can see where
the game servers are running (https://teamwork.tf/worldmap/live and
https://teamwork.tf/worldmap/csgo/live) in case you're interested.

I thought this might be important to share with other community server
providers. Sorry to hijack this mailing list, but I just couldn't resist ;)