The "root" email of this conversation by Milton (at just before midnight on
the 11th, UK time) has more details about this.  Basically the ports the
server uses - like hltv etc. - are quite close together, so if you run lots
of servers then the port assignments end up interlacing.  You can get rid of
a lot of this by putting -nohltv in your command line (with the obvious
downside ;) ) but with that many running you're still going to have this
issue unless you explicitly specify some things as Milton does.

Note that this is an issue with _all_ srcds servers, not just left4dead,
it's just that we couldn't actually run that many servers before :P