I'm getting high cpu usage because, due to how our system works, we had to filter ALL the ports... even the ports where other gameservers type (call of duty, mumble voice server and all the other) were running...

I'm just talking of only 20mbits/sec dataflow... but appear to be enough to put some load on the server that I would prefer to not have...

As for now I'm giving a try to:
http://code.google.com/p/querycache/

and, on another machine, will try:
iptables -I INPUT 10 -p udp -m udp --dport $i -m string --algo bm --hex-string '|ffffffff54|' --to 33 -m limit --limit 10/s -j ACCEPT

as that tag should be only at the beginning of the packet... right?

I have yet to understand the exact size of the attack packets... filtering out directly by size would be even better and faster instead of a string comparison