All I really think is: why can anything take down other steam services?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

This included tf2 items systems and w/e (which at moment of me writing is still
not working for me or others I hear).

Maybe they should do some re-design or w/e, but really, with
 near all 2.44 million active users losing connection there, taking ~2:30
hours... one would make services clustered etc, and offsite backup sites where
services can be taken over within a fraction of a second after main goes down.

The small dip on okt 12 18:00h
 alone is around 200.000 users....

Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE this latest update on TF2, so many things done
which improve stuff, a BIG thanks for that.

I just hope Valve will now start looking at Steam and other services back-end
and improve it
 such that any of the services aren't affected by other services, and that some
clustering systems are in place that automatically take over. Even to off-site
if need be.

Yes, I've seen all messages about it, but still...