I agree with Ook, one server per core is a good way to start.  I run a TF2
server and CS:S server on the same core of a Core 2 Duo without any issues, but
these are not high-traffic servers.  Keep in mind that with L4D and L4D2, you
can run forks instead of separate server instances, and you can get more
servers on one box using forks.

I'm curious about the 500 GB RAID 0.  Assuming you mean that this is a single
RAID 0 volume made up of multiple drives, I think you would be better off
setting up a RAID 1 mirror with less capacity.  Personally, I'm not a fan of
RAID 0 because you can lose all of the data on the volume if one drive fails.

    - Dave

Dave Parker
Systems Administrator
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177