lol, google "passport scan" and you get over 2 million picture results... are
YOU kidding me? I'll never scan my passport and put it on the internet for w/e.
Exactly for this kind of reason.

Stop proposing bad measures. SteamGuard was a step in the right direction. Now,
to improve the policy's it shouldn't rely on stuff that was either stolen from
valve back at the spuf hijack, or easy obtainable with average users. I'd love
2 step login for steam like gmail does, I'd love rsa token or some like that.

That account had what? 20K worth of items? bit of better protection then some
personal info that is quite easy to get with most honest ppl.

And anyways, I do believe Mattie had previous calls with steam support, how can
another steam support account then be regged to it, without raising flags that
some is going on. Especially when the account had not moved IP / host computer
prior and was in active use while the whole call was running (no idea, on
average it takes 3-5 working days before support looks at things I believe) ?
and then the support ticket is made with prolly a proxy IP connection.... I'd
say a serious lack of obvious things that can be looked at, with a nice and
easy query. One look at those combination and they would have known some was
wrong. They should have plenty of data on "hijacks" and such, and be able to
see if a hijack is in effect by scoring the parameters.

meh.

With the ammount of hijacks that are seen nowadays, is the number of hijacks
(in w/e form) after around 9(?) months or so of SG really that much lower?

Oh, and btw, why is in every mail that steam sends the account login name?
there is no need for that. That would have prevented that the guy could have
logged in, for Mattie stated that he didn't had a login name with which he was
associated. Not sending such info thoughtless along would be a nice first step.
The account creator should full well know what the login name is. If not...  I
Would put the nickname that the account currently is using there instead. Or
maybe the "custom" part of the custom URL, or the ID64 link.