Looks like it worked after a few tries today. Kind of a weird issue though.

Is it necessary to have an account with CS:GO on it to install a dedicated server, or could I just create a brand new account for my Linux server and stlil use Steamcmd on it?

On 03/06/2012 04:09, Andre Müller wrote:
Delete the directory ~/Steam on your server and try to login again
with steamcmd. When you have SteamGuard enabled, watch for a new Key,
maybe the the code changed after deleting the directory ~/Steam.

2012/6/3 Necavi<nec...@0xf.org>:
I was having the exact same issue - just keep trying, took me about a dozen
tries at that point. I read that disabling steamguard completely helps, but
if it did end up helping...the help was far from instantaneous.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Nomaan Ahmad
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 08:56
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Unable to install CS:GO dedicated server

You need to log out from your regular Steam client to be able to
successfully log in to SteamCMD.

On 2 June 2012 12:30, Axel Terizaki<a...@mahoro-net.org>  wrote:

Hello.

I'm getting an error while following this page's instructions :
https://developer.**valvesoftware.com/wiki/**Counter-Strike:_Global_**

Offensive_Dedicated_Servers<https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter
-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers>
Basically, I log in with my own steam account (I disabled Steam Guard to
make sure it wasn't interfering) and when I try to install CS:GO, I get:

app_update 740 validate
ERROR! Failed to request AppInfo update, not online or not logged in to
Steam.

Trying to login another time results in a timeout...
I'm not sure of how to fix this, has anybody else found a way around this
problem?

Thanks in advance.